Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New 4-H Coordinator in Marquette County

Hello Everyone. Brian has made it known that I have taken the role of 4-H Coordinator for Marquette County, but I wanted to touch base will all of you to open the lines of communication. We are very fortunate to still have Brian in the office as a Youth Development Professional (and help to me as I transition into my new assignment).
I wanted to give you a little background information about myself. I grew up in Alger County. I went to Northern for my undergrad and taught 8th and 9th grade English for two years at Superior Central. I have been with MSU Extension for the past 5 ½ years in Alger County, as the half-time 4-H staff there. I will continue my work there as well, making me a full-time employee for the first time since my children were born in March of 2006. I am the mother of nearly 7 year-old twin girls. They are in first grade this year. I am sure you will have opportunities to meet them as time goes on.
My schedule is rather fluid as of right now. I am planning to be in the Marquette County Office on Fridays. Typically, I will be here two days each week. I am not sure what the second day will end up being yet. Jackie will have my schedule. You can reach me any time on my cell phone (please do not call after 10 p.m.) or you can call the Alger County Office as well. Email is always an option, too. This information is listed below.
I am hoping to attend club meetings for each club in the near future, to get to know you as well as the members. Please let me know when you have meetings so we can make arrangements. Thank you in advance. I am very excited about the possibilities that this new arrangement provides. It will be an adjustment, as all of you are used to having full-time staff. However, I will do what I can in the time I am given to do the best for our program.
Take care and I look forward to hearing from you.
MSU Extension- Alger County 4-H                                                                                                             E9526 Prospect St, Suite 1                                                                                                                     Munising, MI  49862                                                                                                                                   Phone: 906-387-2530                                                                                                                                     Fax: 906-387-2710                                                                                                                                        Email: deisenro@anr.msu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment